January 29, 2010

I just signed up for Avatars United

Very much like Facebook Extra-Light. I'm not real keen on the organization so far but it seems to have the basic skeleton there. One thing I don't like is that the default settings are to have apps have access to everything even if you haven't specifically installed them. I'm not sure what the implications are but it doesn't sound too good to me. Also, I'm not sure what the point of having a Feedreader is if it doesn't put the feed on your main profile. Hmmm. Finally, as others have pointed out, the TOS need work and should be brought in line more with what Linden Lab does.

The site seems a bit slow at times but that could just be from the initial flood of Second Lifers joining up for the first time. Anyway, if you decide to join Avatars United, say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All thoughts are welcome.